A wonderfully simple recipe for wonderfully chocolate-y melt-in-the-mouth taste explosions known as CBD vegan chocolate truffles. They are AMAZING and are *fueled up* with the BEST CBD!
Prep Time 45 minutes | Servings 20 truffles
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or clear honey (Note 1)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 6 1/2 tsp cold water
- 5 drops of Restore, our CBD Tincture
Optional add-ins (Note 2):
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- dessicated coconut
- ground hazelnuts
- cocoa powder
- vegan sprinkles
- Collagen+ Vanilla Protein Powder
- Melt coconut oil in a pot on low heat, then transfer it to a bowl.
- Add salt and maple syrup/honey, and mix until evenly distributed in coconut oil.
- Add cocoa powder, then the drops of Restore and mix thoroughly.
- While constantly mixing, add cold water, 1/2 tsp at a time.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and put into the freezer for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate mixture sets solid.
- Take the chocolate mixture out of the freezer. It should be solid, but malleable.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of the chocolate mixture and form it into a round truffle with your hands.
- Roll each truffle in the desired topping.
- The truffles keep well in the fridge or in a cool dry place for about a week an a half. They can be kept in the freezer for up to a month. (But only if you forget all about them, otherwise... yeah, bye bye truffles.)
Note 1: If you or your vegan friends are on the honey-is-not-vegan side, use maple or agave syrup.